The superfood kale made just a little bit different. A great recipe as a recovery meal for the athlete, but also for everyone who can use an extra power boost in these cold days, because:
- Kale is rich in essential amino acids (yes, proteins!)
- But not only proteins, but also the minerals calcium, magnesium, iron and vitamin A through this super leaf.
- Beetroot is full of antioxidants that prevent free radical formation (= anti-aging)
- And beetroot is known to athletes for the oxygen-boosting effect of nitrate.
- We make beetroot balls from chickpeas and are therefore rich in essential amino acids.
We use the kale in this recipe raw, which means that even more of the vitamins, minerals and especially enzymes remain intact. By massaging the cabbage with lemon and salt for a long time, the structure becomes much softer and looks more like the cooked version.
You can find now various varieties of plant-based yogurt in the supermarkets. We used almond yogurt. This is nice and creamy and yet light, but you can also use coconut yogurt or soy yogurt.